To help establish the safest possible environment for our Members, Guests, Staff, and additional visitors to enjoy a round of golf and other club amenities such as the restaurant and range. We have established these policies based on Federal and Provincial Health Authorities to be put in place for all activities on our property. They are frequently revised and subject to change as new information and orders become available.
Last Updated: April 28, 2021
- If you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is awaiting results from a Covid-19 test, we ask that you do not visit our facility. This also applies if you have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days. Please follow this self-assessment test set forth by the provincial government if unsure: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- We are a social distance practicing facility and ask all guests to maintain the required 6 feet of separation from each other as well as staff whenever possible. We are also encouraging the elbow tap in place of high fives and handshaking.
- We ask that everyone either have a tee time/restaurant reservation booked or to call the golf shop to check-in prior to arrival.
- No outside alcohol is permitted. Anyone possessing outside alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Power carts, as well as pushcarts, are sanitized prior to, and after each use. We recommend reservations of power carts if required.
- Golfers can arrive at the facility 25 mins prior to the booked time. 40 mins if wishing to utilize the driving range or restaurant.
- Masks must always be worn indoors, this includes halfway stop & washrooms.
- When checking into the golf shop we are allowing a maximum of 4 people at a time. Markings on the floor must be obeyed.
- When shopping, please ask a staff member for guidance prior to trying items on.
- It is much appreciated if guests remove their own garbage after usage of a power cart.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, and water stations have been removed from the course. (lift & place rule is permissible in bunkers if necessary)
- On course washrooms (After holes 6 & 15) are opened and sanitized frequently. There is sanitizer provided as well.
- Towel services have been suspended.
- Cups are fitted with a riser for easy ball retrieval. Please do not touch the flagsticks.
- For those groups that are fewer than 4 people, please be prepared to be paired up with other golfers. If you prefer not to be paired up, you are welcome to purchase the open spots.
- After their round, guests are asked to return to their vehicle and depart the premises unless making use of the restaurant or other amenities. No loitering/tailgating or gatherings around the 18th green.
CLUBHOUSE & RESTAURANT OPERATIONS:
We are following the Provincial Health Area Authorities for guidelines with respect to our Clubhouse and F&B operations, with orders as they currently are, the following rules must be adhered to:
- If you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is awaiting results from a Covid-19 test, we ask that you do not visit our facility. This also applies if you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days. Please follow this self-assessment test set forth by the provincial government if unsure: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Guests must provide contact details for the party to be seated. This is to assist in contact tracing efforts should it be required.
- All guests must wear masks inside until seated at their table.
- There is a strict maximum of six people per table.
- Guests are to remain seated at their table and avoid mingling amongst customers at other tables.
- Policies and signage are to be adhered to at all time. Guests will be asked to leave if not respecting the current rules.
- Clubhouse washrooms are opened and sanitized frequently.
- Occupancy limits posted on entrances for golf shop & restaurant are to be adhered to
- Onsite payment via debit, credit or member account is preferable.
- Check in with the golf shop prior to using practice facilities.
- Use your own balls on chipping and putting green.
- Range baskets are to be returned to guest services for sanitization.
- Limit of 6 people on putting green and 4 on chipping green at a time.
- Range use may be restricted to strictly paying golfers during peak hours.
- Social distance of 6 ft must be maintained.
Big Sky takes the current risks of COVID-19 very seriously and in addition to these protocols & policies we can ensure you on our end that:
- Washrooms, as well as high contact touch surfaces, will be frequently cleaned & sanitized.
- Tables in the restaurant as well as signage in the golf shop set up to help with social distancing.
- Masks will always be worn by staff when indoors.
- Plexiglass barriers at the point of sales systems.
- Items given to guests: carts, range baskets, etc. will be sanitized before & after each use.
- Adherence to all orders and mandates put in place by the Provincial Health Officer
- Swift actions will be taken against guests or fellow staff not following these guidelines.
I have read and understood the above “Big Sky Golf Club” COVID-19 GUEST RULES AND GOLF PROTOCOLS as communicated by the club and accept and waive any right to golfing privileges without a refund should I not comply with these policies.
Big Sky management will be adjusting these restrictions as the situation evolves.
Enjoy your round!
*This post originally published May 14, 2020. Updated as needed.